Wednesday 1 October 2014

Bake | Homemade Scones



So it's no secret I love a good cup of tea. This week I thought I would try baking the perfect partner to the great British brew, the scone! This was my first attempt at the traditional pastry so I thought I'd follow an experts recipe. And who better to ask for advice than the Queen herself, Mary Berry.


 My mum bought me one of her books recently and followed her recipe in there, but you can find the same recipe here. She uses ...

 450g of self-raising flour
75g of butter
50g of caster sugar
 2 rounded teaspoons of baking powder
2 eggs
225ml of milk


I mixed the flour, baking powder and butter in a bowl until it looked like breadcrumbs then added the sugar, eggs and milk to make a wet dough. 

I then covered my work surface with flour and rolled out the dough. It was a little sticky but using flour helped when flattening it out. Using a cutter, I then cut out as many scone shapes as possible and placed them on a greased baking tray. 
I baked for 10 minutes at 220 degrees and they came out looking beautifully golden and soft!


I brewed up whist letting them cool before scooping some raspberry jam and whipped cream onto one and tucking in! I was very proud of how they turned out, not only did they look good but tasted yummy!
I will definitely be making these delicious cakes again for my family and friends, the recipe makes a lot of scones so it perfect for a party or gathering.
Don't forget to check out Mary Berry's recipe here.


What have you been baking lately? 


Check out my Pinterest board for more tasty recipe ideas and gorgeous food inspiration!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Made Up Style. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig